Friday, November 03, 2006

Gonna Freeze My Ass

Well, our first cold SNAP is on it's way, so I hear. According to The Weather Network we're to see -48C as our high for Monday, and -53C as the low (-54F and -63F respectively). Um, that is FUCKING COLD. I shall be staying IN that day. Our manager has graciously informed us that workers who live out of town do not have to drive in to work if the temps actually reach that. Thanks.


Now according to Environment Canada, we are to see -19C tonight, -32C tomorrow night, and -22C for Sunday. Who the hell knows what we will really get. All I know is my car is plugged in and the wood is chopped to warm the house. I have an oil monitor (like a mini furnace except much more efficient) to maintain some heat, but the wood will sure take the chill out of the air. I don't have much left since I'm moving THIS WEEK (holy F). I shall surely take photos of the frigid thermometer and hope not to see it that low too many times (particularly the -53C, if we get it! And then add the wind chill and you have FRIGID.


Now I have to go finish a pair of mittens for a friend of mine (yes ladies, I am STILL at it! Have you all remembered what I taught you?)

No comments: