Final Commuting Days
Oh the traffic. LMAO. No, not like Hoser experiences in southern BC. Just annoying is all. I have about the same commute that I did back east, however much different driving circumstances:
- the roads are mostly straight here, not those curvy bends you find so easily in Cape Breton
- very seldom is there snow on them, but when there is, no one plows it (WHY?)
- they are covered in dirt and rocks from heavy sanding (instead of plowing?) and nearly every second car has at least one crack in the windshield due to the rocks on the road being thrown. I don't - YET. But it is the first winter for my new car...
- the school buses have strobe lights on top. I'm not quite sure why, and I've never seen that anywhere else. Hmmm...
- The sanding trucks and other public works trucks have strobe lights too, but two different colors - green and white. Why? I have no idea.
- like my eastern commute, rarely any RCMP on the highway. I think I saw a patrol car twice in the past year. But yet rarely do I see anyone even approach the speed limit...most prefer to drive at about 60-70 in a 90 zone, REGARDLESS (take that JJ) for no apparent reason.
- unlike my eastern drive, there are a lot of cars on the road, particularly once I get closer to the city's downtown core.
- also unlike my eastern drive, I pass about 7 gas stations on the way to work. They are EVERYWHERE!
- many pickup trucks have both a water tank and a extra gas tank for when there ISN'T so many gas stations on the remote highways. I'm not sure about the water...
So here I am, with three commuting days left. Once I move to Fort Res, I expect there will be very little issue with my short commute. Stay tuned.
No comments:
Post a Comment