Saturday, November 18, 2006

Downtown Yellowknife



The weather hasn't been great here...kind of snowy most of the time, and frosty. The roads are hard to walk on because they don't plow, but they finally began to clear sidewalks today, much to my relief! I managed to get some shopping in today, though didn't buy much.

Went to a flea market at St. Patrick's with my friend K. from Cape Breton and two other NWT workers and picked up a skirt and 2 books for $2.25...what a bargain! One of the books was about the Saggitarius, and boy oh boy, am I ever one!

We headed out after that to some local shops before going to a local Italian place for some pasta and dessert. The pasta was ok, as was the dessert, but nothing special, however the company was entertaining and enjoyable as the four of us sat around and chatted, debated, and consoled!

I'm off for the weekend, though getting paid overtime for being away from home which I have to say is SWEET! Tomorrow's plan involves visiting a craft fair, some more shops, and then teaching K. how to make granny squares. I taught her how to knit and now she wants to crochet some granny squares. And to G. from Judique, K. says hello! She is just as bad as you for keeping in touch but we talk about you all the time ;->

We shall also be getting a daylight tour of Yellowknife as well, thanks to our friendly neighborhood tour guide, K....

2 comments:

Big Hoser said...

Hey does your roomie from NS read these blogs? I thought you could let her know one of her (I'm sure) fave profs from BSW has officially retired.

Sounds like you're enjoying yourself as usual. It's a good thing!

~HH.

Dreama said...

I'm not sure if C. reads them or not. She is still living in southern BC I think, and I hear from her by email from time to time. I'll pass that along to her though the next time I email.

I am enjoying myself...after the hell I endured these past months, it has been a welcome change to be so carefree and spending time with friends, shopping, having lunch/supper, out for drinks, etc. Sweet.