Thursday, November 17, 2005

Walkabout Town In The Slush


Not exactly earth shattering, but I found myself wandering about town here in Whitehorse and was TOO HOT! with my jacket on that is. So I strolled about town in the slush, got my feet wet, but snapped a couple of photos of wall murals. This one is my favorite. I'm not quite sure why they have not plowed or removed the snow from the streets though, as it looks like it's been here a while...some of the slush was 8-10 inches deep...quite a mess if the temperature drops and it all freezes. There seems to have been minimal plowing and when I met with my new supervisor for a few minutes today, she told me it has been snowing most of November, although there really isn't a LOT of snow, just a lot of piles of slush.


Oh, and the sun appears to have gone down - 3:39pm

No comments: