Sunday, November 20, 2005

Frozen Lands

Well, another day in the frozen lands of the Yukon. I don't think it's too cold out. The plows finally came today to start clearing up the mess...much harder with frozen slush than it would have been with soft stuff.


Housekeeping is still giving me grief. They were out in the hall last night at 1 am vacuuming...WTF? I refrained from calling yet again, as I fear I will be soon known as the bitch in 107. There is quite a bit of traffic in that hall as I am just 3 doors from the conference centre and all of it's hullabaloo. Great


The net wasn't working in my room again this morning either. I gave it 3 hours and still no luck so called the front desk (yet again...the bitch is back) and complained. She informed me hers is working and advised me to reboot. Um. No. It didn't work. So here I sit in the lobby of the hotel next to the Christmas tree (ALREADY???) using the net. I think I'll do what I saw a guy doing at the airport in Toronto where wireless was sketchy...walk around with my open laptop honing in on signal...


Forgot to mention a minor incident when I was returning the rental car. I had brought along my bamboo back scratcher (you know, the dollar store kind) and for whatever reason, forgot to pack it, so just threw it in the car when I left Cape Breton. Ignored it while in Halifax and then I was at the airport, trying to drag my bags out of the car and the rental car guy spotted the back scratcher. I told him I didn't want it, couldn't be bothered with it now. He wouldn't take that for an answer and tried to stick it in my bag. I told him again not to bother, and to just throw it out. He was persistent and tried to shove this 18-inch bamboo back scratcher into the pocket of my coat that was laying over the luggage cart. I told him once again that I didn't want it, please throw it out and that it was just cheap dollar store crap. He looked genuinely surprised. I began to envision him with the 18-inch bamboo back scratcher jammed into his eye socket. I finally had to take it out of my coat and throw it into the trunk and slam the lid, restating yet AGAIN that I do not want the fucking backscratcher. Bizarre.


So I'm not sure what to get up to today. It is Sunday but yahoo, the Yukon has Sunday shopping...too bad I have zero dineros...but then there is my credit card...perhaps a trip to the mall might be in order...

No comments: