Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Humpty Dumpty Fell Flat on Her Face

Of course, the day wouldn't be complete with YET ANOTHER fall. This time I managed to get through the entire work day and when heading out to my car(yes it was delivered) I slipped as if to fall on my ass again, managed to control it and caught myself, only to be fooled and before I knew it, I was kissing the parking lot...fell face first, soaking my pants on both sides (not sure how I managed THAT) and the front of my shirt, jacket and sleeves. The parking lot is filled with ice and because it's been raining, it's super slippery and they use sand for the ice and so I was not only soaking wet, but covered in sandy gravel. Nice. And I was to meet up with someone to look at a house. I looked sweet. Good thing I was wearing black, didn't show up as much and I could brush the dirt off, mostly anyhow. But it didn't stop the cashier at Superstore from commenting that I looked "frazzled". No shit. How about sopping wet and dirty...


So yeah, got my car delivered this morning. I think they dragged it through the desert first as it was still filthy. The outside appeared clean, so I didn't say much to the guy who delivered it, but then when I got in the car at lunch time to leave, I noticed that the inside of my door was filthy, not sure why; there was a crack in my windshield; my engine light was on (which has never happened before and was not on when I put the car in their hands) and when I went through the drive thru and rolled down my window, it was nothing but GRIT. So I took a look under the hood and there was about a 1/4 inch of dirt sitting on my engine battery, so I am guessing the engine light is on because the engine is filthy, possibly the filters. SO...phonecall to Lance at Royal Movers to complain and they offered for me to get it cleaned at the local car detailer...sure, let's go with that for now and see if my light goes out.


It is great, however, to have my car. I was to look at a place this afternoon but when the guy showed up to pick me up and take me out to see the cabin in the woods...I asked him about the water and it turns out not only does it not have hot water, it doesn't have any water because the pipes froze and burst...nice. See ya later dude, drop me off at my office, sorry to have been a bother. I had gotten the number from another gal at work who seems not to have read the ad correctly, saying it had only cold water. Sigh. Then after work, I was off to see another place and the gal that was to show it, couldn't because her relief couldn't come into work while she showed the place (it was her husband and he hurt his back). Then another lead came up through a gal at work, funky house she called it, but turns out it is 4 bedroom, $975/month plus utilities...um, no thanks. I am here to SAVE money, not to spend it...at least not THAT much. the other places I have been checking out seem to be running between $600-$800Dammit. So no further ahead today then yesterday.


Got my first case today, a crack baby, crack mother...she might be a challenge. I don't have an office, desk or computer yet though, and now it looks like December 4th before we move offices, so it will be desk surfing for a bit longer. Also got my first stupid call too. Some guy couldn't make it in time to pick up his daughter from daycare...yeah, that's why I call Family and Children's Services...


Pissing rain tonight, fine with me, hope it takes all the damn ice. It's been very mild, so I am liking that. Still no net access working in the room, so that sucks...but the lobby seems to be a den of activity and interesting opportunity for people watching.


no pics taken today...too dreary out...but they will come.

No comments: