Friday, November 25, 2005

Little House In The Big Woods - photo portion

As promised, my little cabin in the woods! See the purple door? I love it!

This is the kitchen, small but very functional and obviously designed by a woman (sorry guys, it's just the brutal truth)

This is the loft sleeping area, open to below. To the left is where I will put my bed and to the right is where I will be putting my comfy chair and ottoman for a reading/tv nook.

This is the loft bedroom, with lots of closet space. I think I'll put my bed to the right, just under the windows. And I'm telling you, this cabin was well designed...plug ins everywhere as well as phone jacks.


This is the view from my living room window...hard to tell but the white is the actually snow topped mountains. On a clearer day, I'll be sure to get a better shot.This is obviously the bathroom...nice use of space, lots of storage, and the washer is right there. Unfortunately there is no dryer, but hell, I'll put my drying rack up and use the clothes line out back.

This is the view of the living and dining area from the loft bedroom. The tiny thing on the floor is the monitor heater that will heat the entire space, cheap.

So, there you go. Once I get my furniture all settled away, I'll post again.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well it looks very nice. Nice and spacious like you said. It's nice to see pictures. Once you're moved in you'll have to post more. Take care.
A

Oberon said...

.......nice....i'm jealous.

Anonymous said...

i'm sure you can appreciate you're living my dream :) awesome place- you will love the smell of the boreal forest. plus high speed in the little house in the big woods.
very very green,
~m

Dreama said...

I'll let you know what waking up is like on Sunday morning, lol.

Dreama said...

it can be your dream too, M. Come on up next year and find your own green space in the boreal forest...I'm sure there is one!

Anonymous said...

Looks lovely and cozy. You sound so happy and excited. Good for you.
I am really enjoying your blog.
Keep posting! Which I'm sure you will,you don't need me to tell you that.
~T~

Anonymous said...

Jude - I LOVE the cabin in the woods!!! Wow - how lucky you were to find it!

Dreama said...

thanks C! Got the pictures hung tonight and tomorrow I am off, so will be tidying the rest away and taking pics for the blog...check back later in the day to see how things look when there is more than wall and windows, lol.