My Cabin In The Woods - FOUND!!!
After seeing a bit of a dump today, and not having much luck with housing ads in the paper, I had begun to lose hope. I picked up today's paper and it had even less for listings...RATS! And then I met M. who showed me her little cabin in the woods that she lived in while building her own beautiful chalet style home. _It_is_gorgeous_. Photos will come in time, once I move in, but here are the specifics...
- it's in the country, about 25 kms from my workplace on STRAIGHT, WELL PAVED highway
- it is secluded and unseen from the road
- it is loft style inside
- HUGE windows. Huge. and many, many windows.
- carpeted living room(low loop so good for allergies), tiled dining area that make up one half of the cabin's downstairs space.
- wood stove in a corner of the living room, and monitor heater in the corner of the dining room (if you don't know what they are, they are apparently the most efficient thing in oil heat - click here for more info)
- kitchen is just off from the dining area, again, open concept...very well designed kitchen (obviously by a woman) with maximization of cupboard and counter space.
- built in stove and dishwasher, nice fridge
- spacious bathroom off from the living area
- stairwell goes up to the sleeping area, which is divided into a large space and a smaller sitting area (divided by the stairwell). The entire space overlooks the living area downstairs, and is railed in with wood spindles. Huge bedroom closet in the eaves, and again, more windows!
- a small deck off the back of the living room, with a clothesline
- small storage room and cold storage beneath the floor (hatch)
- satellite dish already installed
- high speed is AVAILABLE in the area!!!
- nearest neighbor is 500 yards through the bush, and is my landlady. Others are even farther away
- mail delivery is to a rural post box - you know the kind, groups of boxes on the side of the road
- there is a gas station and convenience store just 3.7 kms from my home - sweet! Great for munchies and milk, and for when I always forget to get gas before leaving town.
- the rent is completely reasonable - $700 month plus utilities
So, of course I SNAPPED it up and signed on the dotted line (after careful perusal of the lease). I only have to commit to 5 months, and then it is month to month. Fine with me, I can't imagine I won't be HAPPY there! No dogs in the near vicinity, no trucks lumbering by, very, very, perfect. I am so excited I could burst!!!
I am hoping to move in this weekend if possible but first need to sort out just where all of my money is. Got paid from my new job today, which is great, but there was an issue with my pay from my former agency, so hope to get that by the weekend. I am also waiting on my travel claim too, which hopefully will be ready by week's end. If I get all of THAT together, then I hope to have enough to pay for the first month's rent and damage deposit (which is also $700, sucks, but so what, it's a GREAT place). However I need it to happen, I will beg borrow and steal to get the cash together.
WHOO HOO! I have a home...and I just know my kitties will love it...sunlight all around...what's not to love? Ok, time to step off the cloud nine I am on...
4 comments:
Congratulations! It sounds like an awesome place. Looking forward to pictures!
So, do you have to be on the lookout for bears? (And dye your hair gold so we can nickname you Goldilocks...? heh heh)
Well, my landlady said she had one in her garage just a short while ago...she had stored her garbage in there before taking it down to the bins. So I guess I will have to make lots of noise to scare them off. Golden hair...not a chance. Its is probably the only color other than green that I won't dye my hair! These days it's a nice luscious brunette.
as far as I know, my comments allow anonymous users, so you shouldn't have been required to get an account. So does that mean I now have another blog to read..heh heh.
Couldn't log a comment on your blog now, without signing up...those blog sites are crafty...
Post a Comment