Trailer Trash Moves In
That's it, I've become trailer trash once again. Haven't lived in a trailer since about 1976, but here I am again, living in a trailer. I took some photos today, but without furniture, they are just walls and windows...not much to look at. The movers come about 11am tomorrow morning, so once I get unpacked, things will look much better and I'll get some photos.
The trailer is nice enough. A little run down, and some tears in the wallboard, but other than that, perfectly acceptable. Three bedrooms, with a HUGE closet in the master bedroom. Awesome. And I can see sunrise and sunset out my bedroom window. The kitchen is roomy, and I can put my table in there. The living room is spacious enough that I think I can set up my whole shelving unit against one wall. There is a dish already there, Expressvu, wouldn't you know it...I have a Starchoice receiver...so must sell that bugger off. I don't know who owns the receiver that is there, but I think it might belong to the gov, so I can just set up my own account. I have to sort out the phone...have to get either the landlord or the other social worker to cancel her service before they can activate mine. Sigh...
I will be able to get wireless satellite internet here, which is cool. I will hook it to my router so I can be wireless in my trailer, and will have to figure out how to secure my network, to keep someone from camping out. The gal who sets it up here was telling me all about some others that have been doing that in town...I have to wait for payday though as its quite expensive to set up - $270 (150 of which is a deposit on the modem).
The felines have settled right in and Stormy loves racing down the hallway that most trailers (older ones) seem to have. The porch is big and roomy with a storage room off that where the water tank is (I have to get water delivery again, but thankfully it can be regular and is included in my rent along with heat and electricity).
I'm not looking forward to the chaos and mess the movers will bring tomorrow but my goal is to have it all unpacked and sorted out by the weekend. Then I shall be heading to Hay River for shopping. Now I have to take my trailer trash ass back to the trailer...
No comments:
Post a Comment