I Could Never Be A Rock Star
I am OVER motel life. Hotel life would kill me first. Let’s recap on the past month of accommodation. I last slept in my own bed on the night of November 8th.
- 9th,10th and 11th – slept on an air mattress in my cabin (Hot Springs)
- 12th – slept at my friend J.’s house (Whitehorse)
- 13th – 20th – slept at the Casa Nova Suites (Yellowknife)
- 21st – 23rd – slept at Henderson’s B & B (Yellowknife)
- 24th – 28th – slept at the Super 8 (Yellowknife)
- 29th – Dec 2nd – slept at my friend J.’s house (Whitehorse)
- 3rd – slept at the Bluebell Inn (Fort Nelson)
- 4th – present – Unnamed Motel (Fort Resolution)
And now I could be facing the prospect of being moved to the local B & B because they have double booked my room here. Sigh. I just want to move into the trailer already and stop moving. I want my own bed. Whine…
I am thankful to have a roof over my head, but all this shuffling around is wearing me out. I REALLY don’t want to pack up again for just a couple of days in yet another spot, then pack up AGAIN to move into the trailer. I am tired of packing up.
Once I get settled, I don’t know if I have it in me to hit the road a few weeks later for Christmas holidays. I was planning on heading south to Edmonton to visit and do some shopping. More hotels, more strange beds, more disruption. Sigh. Stay the hell put, I think.
On a positive note...I have just dragged my laptop into work and find that I can pick up someone's wireless net here, maybe belonging to the Band Office, I'm not sure. All I know is I can finally connect with my own puter again...yayyyyy!!!
1 comment:
I know how you feel, although I haven't had to move around quite that much, thank-god!
Hopefully you will get all settled in soon!
Michelle
Post a Comment