Life In Fort Res

Sure, you're probably tired of sunsets by now...too bad...I am not. So here is another.
I managed to get some folks together to lug off the extra furniture from the trailer...thank goodness. What a damn mess it was getting to be at my home...too much furniture and I couldn't get around, had to go rooting through boxes because I couldn't finish unpacking. I don't know if I mentioned just what there was to haul out, but here is a list of what furniture was already in the trailer when I moved in, and anyone who has been to my house knows what I had to bring with me...
- 6 dressers
- 4 dining chairs
- 1 large dining table
- 2 end tables, 1 coffee table
- 1 double bed
- two lamps
- one tv stand
- one 25inch tv
- a sofa
- a loveseat
- a chair
- 4 nightstands
- bedding
- dishes
- 2 coolers
- a laundry basket
- garbage cans
So yeah, lots of stuff knocking around, cluttering up the trailer in addition to all of my own stuff. I decided to keep a few things - the tv, bed, one dresser, one nightstand, the two coolers, and the two lamps. Oh, and the table. It will make a smashing sewing table for cutting stuff out...
In other Res news...I found myself a walking partner. The only other gal in this building, way on the other side, in a separate part is an avid walker, walking after work each day, and every weekend, for about an hour. I don't know that I will get out there every day, but I sure will try to get out as often as I am able. Yahoo! She even goes out onto the lake, which is what I will enjoy. When I lived in Grand Bruit, I went walking all the time, usually with one of the other ladies in town, and I loved it, as did most of the women in town. The ponds were an awesome place to walk, being so flat, and as long as there was a little snow on it, it wasn't slippery.
I had a little visitor to the building earlier this afternoon. A young fella was peering in the window while I was out in the hall reading the bulletin boards (they are BIG on those here and filled with notices) so I asked him what he wanted. He didn't really say, but I asked him if he needed to use the phone or bathroom, and let him know that all the other offices were closed. So he came in and used the bathroom, then thanked me for letting him in to do that. He was about 12 years old, and it was really nice to hear a thank-you from a young fella at a time when they are going through puberty and are often rude or ignore you. Awww...
Everyone is interested in whether or not I am staying here for Christmas and seem concerned that I will be staying in the trailer alone...nice that they are thinking about me but part of me can't help but wonder why it would worry someone if I was alone...what has happened in the past...I know there is a history here and I am dying to know it, but don't want to seem too intrusive and ask the wrong person what the scoop is. And when I say everyone, I mean just about anyone who speaks to me asks me the same questions, lol. The gal at the post office, the couple who loaded the furniture today, my new walking partner, the nurses, the gal at the store, etc. I think it is great that they want to get to know me...but I am still cautious about what information I provide.
So now it is time to get off my duff and clean up the mess in the trailer now that I can finish unpacking...
No comments:
Post a Comment