Christmas Plans!
I just got a lovely call from the nurses at the health centre - singing Happy Birthday to me! It was great, and out of that we began chatting about Christmas and what to do. Turns out there is a small group of nurses here for the holiday, and two of them are vegetarians (read no turkey) but one nurse was really interested in having poultry of any sort, and they invited me into the fold, so I offered up my bird...I bought a turkey on Saturday (for a reasonable price, actually...much to my shock) so I will have to get it out later this week to thaw.
So there you go, we are gathering for Christmas at the Health Centre. The 3 RCMP are also invited, but have not heard if they will be coming as well. The others will take care of the vegetables, so I am responsible only for the turkey - yayyyyy!!! I will probably have to make some of Susan's fudge too...anyone who has had this fudge will know how sinfully delicious it is!
Ah...now I feel better...nothing lonlier than spending Christmas day alone! I had kind of figured we might all do something together, so this is just great!
No comments:
Post a Comment