Eastward Bound Tomorrow
Today is all about packing the car. I shopped like a maniac this week and stocked up on tons of stuff to bring to Fort Res with me, now I have to stuff it into my car. I was out last night with friends at a local pub, and had a pretty good time. Drank more than I expected to, thanks to the guys with the draft...I had to get a ride to my daughter's place so I could wind down some. I sent her over to trade cars because I didn't want to leave my car with all of its packages in the back seat, tempting passersby. I couldn't fit much in the trunk because I had my two all-season tires in there, having had two winter ones installed yesterday morning. I can notice the difference, so was glad I spent the money.
I spent a few hours with my gal last night, then came back to J. & J.'s and hung out for the evening, and was up until 2am watching a movie with one of them. Yawn....now I am tired. so have to be sure to get a good night's sleep tonight, as I have a lot of ground to cover in a short while. I'm to pick up the little bastard and miss bitch tomorrow morning at about 7am or so and then we'll be on our way. I am stopping at a friend's place in Marsh Lake to say goodbye, and hope to make it to Fort Nelson by suppertime, depending on the weather and the roads.
Interestingly enough, I don't know the name of the hotel, where it is, or the phone number, so expect to drive around a little in the tiny hamlet and find it on my own. I also don't know where my office is to present myself at work on Tuesday, but reckon it will be a similar deal - drive around until I see a government building and hope for the best...same thing happened at my last two jobs. No one sent me any information as to how to find my workplace, and my fault for not asking!
Lots to do today, packing will take hours I'm sure...gotta run, don't know when I'll get a chance to post again, but rest assured, as soon as there is net access,, there should be news and photos of the journey northeast to Fort Resolution.
No comments:
Post a Comment