Northern Exploits
Of course, wherever I find myself, there is always a story, a happening, some foolish thing to gab about...yesterday was no different. I have a box of tissues in my car that I keep right next to my storage compartment between the seats. It's been there for months now, no issues. Covers up one of my drink holders but the other is open and how many drinks do I need in the car at once...
Yesterday I managed to get a tissue stuck in my seat belt clip. The part that you clip your seat belt into. Yup...the tissues from the box made their way across the top part of my seat belt clip, and not looking when I put it in, I just jammed it closed. Well, I tried to. I've had all kinds of things get in the way of the seat belt clip, but usually it's a flowy shirt, a scarf, or my jacket. Yesterday was a tissue. Normally I can just haul things out and away we go, the seat belt clips in. But we're talking about me here. The tissue got that fucking jammed into the damn clip that I rooted for about 30 minutes yesterday to get it out. I tried paper clips, tweezers, pens, whatever I could get my hands on, but of course, it was jammed to tight in there, nothing would fit properly.
Finally I got pissed off and fed up and was just going to go home when I figured I would go bother our friendly neighborhood RCMP member instead...after all, if I am caught without my seatbelt on (which would be the case here) I might get a ticket. I've gotten lazy about using it here in town, because I go such short distances, but on that highway...I want something snapping me in when I roll my car off into the ditch, or meet a big ass truck on the highway...
So I headed over to the detachment and knocked on the door. I have already met the members of course, being such a small area with only 3 posted here, including the Corporal. The one I had the most contact with answered the door and I explained that I had a simple, but frustrating problem and could he help...of course he did...he is such a nice guy! So out came the leatherman tool, the pliers, and finally, the piece that got the damn tissue out of the seatbelt clip - a letter opener...
Thanks mr policeman...now I feel safe in my car again.
No comments:
Post a Comment