Sunday, December 03, 2006

Northern Safari

After 13 hours on the road today, I'm a little tired but will post a few photos first. Saw so many animals that I felt like I was on safari. Here's the count:


about 50 buffalo/bison;




about 40 caribou; 2 moose (one very close up, that velvety brown face)' 1 elk, 1 deer, and a lone wolf. I didn't get photos of the others as they were not as docile as the buffalo, and it was dark for most of them. I got lucky tonight and didn't hit any!



my car was certainly loaded down today, and burned a lot of gas. I'll get reimbursed though, so not too worried. The car handled well in the snow today, so was happy about that. Now if truck in the parking lot will either pull out or shut off, I can get to sleep. It's one of those motels with the door directly to the outside. rrrrrrrr...

The felines did well, slept for much of the trip on the bed in the back seat I made them. I'll get some photos of them tomorrow as they watch the world go by...two territories and one province in 2 days...the northwest trip...

No comments: