Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Marathon North


I left Calmar this morning at 7am and arrived home at 9pm...and ready to BE home. It was a long, boring drive and the first three hours were torture on my eyes...finally the drops and drugs kicked in and I could settle in for the rest of the drive. 1260kms was a lot of ground to cover today, but I was adamant to be home tonight in my own bed. The roads were clear and dry for the most part...a bit messy just outside Peace River, and my freshly washed car was plastered with mud once again...sniff...good thing I had two coats of wax on it, though. I just took it to the carwash in High Level and cleaned it off again, in less time. The rest of the drive was dry and cold, so not much more than a bit of dust on it now, from the last 40kms or so of dirt road.


It is strange to be here among my things without the cats. I can't remember the last time that happened. I'll have to sort out getting them home tomorrow, and will get them home by early next week at the latest.


I have unpacked most of the car, with only the cat litter and cat food (large bags) to bring in, and a few odds and ends. I haven't unpacked much of what I brought in yet though...that can wait. It just needed to be in from the car so it wouldn't freeze. Unlike my sewage line that appears to have frozen. Great. The plumber must be called tomorrow and sort that whole mess out...sigh...


I don't know when I'll return to work, likely by Thursday, depending on my eyes. I have some sick time and need to give my eyes a good rest after the marathon drive home.

No comments: