Monday, March 19, 2007

Freezing My Pipes Off

It's -35C this morning as I look out over the frosty snowbanks. Most of my water pipes are frozen up, along with my tub drain. I have running water in the bathroom sink, but nowhere else. It has come and gone from each spot over the weekend, seemingly at will. Yesterday I had all of the water sources working except for the toilet. Since the tub drain wasn't working, I simply scooped up the water sitting there to flush the toilet. Now it's gone, the tub water pipes are frozen again, and I have to flush from the bathroom sink. You can't fit a bucket under the tap of a bathroom sink. So I must fill a smaller container in order to fill the bucket to flush the toilet...what a damn rigamarole...


It promises to be +5C on Thursday. My ass...if it does, maybe all my pipes will come clear...it's gonna be a dirty week...

No comments: