Thursday, March 29, 2007

And Then I Got Stuck











I was hanging out at home after supper tonight, and noticed that the sun finally came out for the first time today, and it was nearing sunset. Since I haven't captured one in a while with my new camera and not at all with my new lens, off I went. The first place I went to pull over was near the arbor, as there is a bit of a parking lot there, and they've been driving on it and partly plowing it all winter. Except since the sun has warmed our days, the snow has gotten soft and what I once drove on when it was hard as rock had since turned to mush...I got stuck. Dammit.



The first vehicle that came around the bed gawked but didn't stop, perhaps figuring I was just parked. They then circled back and came and asked me if I needed help. I knew them both so it was both embarrassing and funny. Only one tire was really bogged down, having hit a soft spot in the packed snow. I chucked down some kitty litter, and under the bumper they headed to push me out, one a 15 yr old gal and her mother. Neither could drive standard, so I powered the car. Still no movement, so another gal from the school came along, offered her shovel which was just up the road. While she was gone, another guy passed by, an older man who makes jewelry. He turned around later on and came back, and once the tire was shovelled out, I was on my way.



so then I hauled my car into another parking lot just down the road...but it was hard and still frozen...and I STILL managed to capture the sunset and play with my camera. Be sure to click on them to experience the fuller size effect. I had to resize them to upload, as they are huge files otherwise and choke my sluggish internet.

No comments: