Monday, January 30, 2006

Oh The Irony of It All

I was replying to an email from my dad tonight and thought I'd note the current temperature. So off to the dining room I was and looked for the thermometer, but it wasn't there. It must have fallen down below the window. I was dressed in cotton pyjama pants, t-shirt, and a sweatjacket. I had socks and slippers on too. I was only out a couple of minutes, clipping the thermometer back into its bracket. And then WHAM! A cold chill gripped me to the spine. I tore off into the house again and headed for the stove. I shook and shivered and shook and shivered. Holy shit I was cold! I have never been that cold before in all my life. I can only imagine how quickly you could get hypothermia if not warmly dressed. It was only -25C, which is certainly cold enough, but we are up from -38C last week. Here it is, nearly 30 minutes later and I am still chilled. So in going out to fix the thermometer so I can see how cold it is out, I nearly froze to death. Nice.

No comments: