Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Welcome to the Yukon


I hear this nearly every day. They sure are a friendly bunch. Today it was the sales manager at the Toyota dealership here. Of course, slippery could pass for friendly too. In any event, I have heard it often, but not typically as a hello and welcome the Yukon type of greeting...more of an excuse for some. We could be discussing services here, prices here, or illegal drug use, the answer is the same - oh, well, welcome to the Yukon. Weird.


Nonetheless, I do feel welcome here. People here are friendly enough, and those at my workplace have been superb, which makes settling in much easier. I even have someone to cat sit when I go "south" in March. That's another thing. EVERYONE refers to anything south of here as "down south", including northern BC. So why? When I lived in Nova Scotia, down south meant at least Florida, and typically somewhere in the Carribean.


Speaking of going south, I hope to have my new car next month if things go as planned. I have some details to work out first and if all fits together and happens on time, I'll be driving a new Toyota Matrix something like pictured above (there are some upgrades in the pix I'm not going for). I do want a red car though, something to stand out for a change. I had a grey Camry and then a silver Echo, I need COLOR! If they can't get the red one on time, they will order me in an Indigo Ink colored one which won't be too bad either. I just don't want silver, grey, black, beige, white, champagne, etc... I need color.

Speaking of color...my hair is still dark brown. And is it ever getting long...now if I can just step up the manual dexterity in my darn hands, I might be able to braid it now and again.

Speaking of my hand...I jammed a large splinter into the palm of it a couple of days ago. Got it out but DAMN it hurt. The risks I reckon when one burns wood...damn splinters.

speaking of things that hurt, and I might add, looks gross...the cats as you know are not especially fond of each other and Stormy scratched Via the other day and it is now gotten somewhat infected and she won't stop scratching the now hairless spot under her chin. So I pinned her down today and jammed on some nail caps so she can't scratch the scabs off as it tries to heal. She protested a fair amont, but not nearly as bad as Stormy does when I try to put them on him these days. I received a few fresh ones and definitely deathly stare today when I finished. And then I had to snatch her up again to put some peroxide on the actual site. No yelps, just high pitched whining and screeching...I'm lucky to survive that round.

Ok, enough segues. Good night all.


2 comments:

Reino do Algarve said...

A very interesting blog!!!

Dreama said...

Thanks Anna, I can't wait to order it, likely next week.

Thanks for reading, tree4five! I truly enjoy blogging and like the record I then have of my life.