My Brain is Frozen
So I don't have a lot to say. It's about -26C right now...brrrrrr...and I have my car plugged in tonight. I kind of forgot to plug it in last night and it protested loudly this morning...my clutch was even sluggish, and how about my stick...never mind my stereo. The cds just refuse to play when the car is too cold. So...that will teach me. Plug in the damn car.
ok, surely there must be a topic...how about the parking nazis police. Much of everyones day seems to be caught up in moving their car and swearing at the parking police. I work in the a bank building, but they provide no free parking. You can rent a spot for $70 a month, but hey, wait...they're all taken. So you can park close to the building for two hours at a time...then move your car. You don't have to move it far, just move it into the next parking slot if you like, or if you're brave enough to try it like my co-workers, wipe off the chaulk the parking bastard guy put there. If you park right, you can even see the chaulk from the windows of our floor (fourth). Or you can do what I do and park it two blocks away where parking is free and not time limited. And FREEZE your ass off walking to the office. Mind you, I have enough ass to last me the winter. My Tim Horton's cappuchino needs to be reheated by the time I get to work. Sometimes I park close but only if I have plans to be out throughout the day enough to move the car a couple of times.
Did I mention the drive to and from work? It would be a lovely one once the sun is out. For now it is just me and the black of night, blinded occasionally by the high beams the other drivers seem to continously forget to turn off, even as they pass me. But when the sun comes up, it shall be breathtaking...jagged snowcapped mountains, swirling rivers (well, when they thaw), scooped out gorges, and log cabins everywhere...heh heh.
ok, time to go stoke the fire and get some HEAT going. The Golden Globes are on tonight and I want to be toasty...Matthew McConaughey is on next...to hell with the fire...I'm warm already.
No comments:
Post a Comment