Friday, January 20, 2006

That's It, I Quit, Work Sucks

Well, I haven't quit, but man I am run ragged. The other intake workers seem to be strolling through the day and I hardly ever see them out in the field, on the phone, or meeting with parents, kids, etc. Actually, I don't even know if anyone on my team has kids in care on their caseload. Meanwhile, my caseload is blowing up all over, I have court every week, foster homes to deal with, a bunch of kids, crazy acting parents, two families preparing to leave the province, assessments all over to be arranged, and I hardly get a chance to take a breath or have my lunch break. If this doesn't settle down soon, I am going to have an aneuyrism. So here I am on Friday night, the weekend stretches out ahead of me and I feel like I need a coma to recouperate.


pppsssssssshhhhhhtttttt...that is the sound of me cracking my third beer...it's 7:30pm. Oh yeah, I'll be an alcoholic soon enough...

No comments: