Where Were You When The Lights Went Out
I was at a friend's house in town and when the power went off, she thought it was because she was a few days late on her power bill. When I left her house to go downtown to return my axe, I discovered all of the city was out. And seeing as how only about half the drivers in any town know that traffic lights that go out convert to a four way stop, I thought it best to get the hell out of town and away from the idiot drivers. I arrived home and the power was out here too! Damn, I wished I had my shower before I went to town...
So I set to work loading up on firewood and tracking down my candles and candle holders, the radio, batteries, flashlight, the usual. I got a call from my other friend who was in town today too who informed me that a major dam broke down this afternoon so we are without power for possibly a day or two, who knows.
Then I heard on the radio that we might get the power back soon, but only on rotating basis for now, and only for 2 hours each at a time. Just as he announced it, on it came. I jumped into the shower and plugged in my laptop for charging! Can't be left without the outside world...lol.
So, here we are with the power back temporarily...then it shall get dark again. I think I'll go to bed early...but somehow keep the fire going.
No comments:
Post a Comment