Wednesday, February 01, 2006

So It's Hump Day...What the Deuce?

Some ramblings from a Wednesday night...
- saw a sign today that said "High Collision Intersection Ahead" and nearly had one laughing at the sign. I wanted to stop and take a photo, but figured that would invite a collision.
- the temperature came way up today and is only -6C out now!
- I got paid today. Taxes suck. Over $1000 went to the man for a two week cheque.
- I am not going to buy a Matrix. I am going to look at the new Yaris sedan. I just didn't like the Matrix enough to buy one and missed my Echo and the standard transmission. So I thought I would buy a new Echo and found out they are discontinued and replaced by the Yaris sedan. Stay tuned.
- American Idol auditions are just pure entertainment...both the ones that make it through and those that really suck.
- I am changing offices this week. Our former supervisor is staying on as acting manager for a while and they wanted her to step back over to the "the other side" where the manager's office is, leaving hers open. No one else wanted it, and at first I didn't, but it is an window office and I could use the sunlight to cheer the soul. Enuf said?
- I got a CD yesterday from my sister with tons of pics of my nephews and movie clips! I can't wait until next month when I visit them all!
- I see that someone has made a remake of the horror that was my babysitting experiences of the seventies. When A Stranger Calls...have you checked the children? Yeah, when it came out the first time, I was babysitting several nights a week and the guys in the neighborhood thought it would be cool to do prank calls, and sneak around the houses where we girls were babysitting and bang on the window screens. Nice. thanks for the nightmares fellas...
- I am a third of the way through my wood for the winter. Incidentally, I am also a third of the way through the boxes that damn movers didn't pick up too.
- I got a parcel from my parents last week with two pairs of mukluks in them they bought over 30 years ago in northern Ontario. My dad's fit me and they are soooooo warm and totally stylin. I'll be bringing my mother's to my sister in March for her to wear.
- Survivor starts tomorrow night. I am hyped!
- Tomorrow is also Thursday and the day after that is Thank Frig It's Friday
- oh, and for those who were worried about my impending burnout, things have settled out considerably and I no longer wish to jump from the roof of my office building

No comments: