Sourdough Rendezvous Time






I had full intentions in getting up at a sensible hour and heading into town for the Sourdough Rendezvous activities...I woke at 8:30am and rolled over to doze and wake up slowly, something that should take me about 10 minutes or so...before I knew it, it was 11am. OOOOPS. So I got up then and got ready and went on into town for the festivities. I have to say, I was disappointed that more people didn't come out. For a city of nearly 30,000 people, there might have been just 500 people there in total if that.
However though, the snow sculptures were quite amazing. They were more artistic than I had been used to in Labrador for the annual winter carnival. They made huge ones that people could walk through, and were painted. These are cleverly carved and the ones entered in the competeition are roped off. I voted for the birdcage.
I did have a hot dog and some hot chocolate...my toes were chilled while the rest wasn't too bad. I watched the log saw/split, the chainsaw chuck, and saw the can can girls. I was waiting a bit for some taffy but then realized I value my fillings too much to take the chance.
1 comment:
I doubt that they lasted the night, lol...they probably got wrecked by the local that night.
Post a Comment