Pancakes In The Air
We received a little snow today, maybe about 2-3 inches at best, and so there needs to be a little maintenance on the sidewalks. One would think that for simple snow, you would just shovel it off and that would be it. Oh no, Yukoners like to make it challenging and sprinkle salt over the snow, turning it into slush that becomes very slippery. WTF?
So there I am, already in a pissy mood because Tim Horton's didn't have the muffin I wanted and then gave me coffee instead of cappuchino, leaving me with nothing for breakfast. I went out at break to McDonalds (Yeah, I know, rotten Ronnies) and got myself some pancakes and milk. I was just turning the corner from where I parked and DOWN I went, on my thigh, knee, hands, whatever...flailing about and the pancakes of course, went flying. There's now slush all over my skirt (light color of course so it all shows) and dirty slush all over my milk containers, and my pancake container, and they're slipping out through the end. Great. Just fucking great. This is not the day to enjoy breakfast. So I said fuck it and brought them upstairs anyhow and reheated them in the microwave, wiped off the slush and ate them. This day isn't going to get better so I might as well eat up.
There you have it, yet another fantastic spill in my life, and yet another knock to the knees.
2 comments:
just how good are rotten Ronnie pancakes with road salt, btw?
Salty. You walked into that one.
Post a Comment