BRRRRRR
Ok, the temperature has dropped. And believe it or not people, I am chilly tonight. Without a doubt, ALL of my friends who have met me and know me, know that I normally walk around in summer clothes all year long as I seem to have an internal furnace. The middle of January at my old office in Cape Breton could find the window flung wide open while everyone else is chattering their teeth.
We're at -20C and falling. It doesn't appear that we going to stay down here, but for now, I can't seem to get enough heat off the wood stove. What usually happens is that by the time it's really burning, I'm off to bed, panting and sweating my way through to the wee hours of the morning when it finally cools off. What I really need is a handsome woodcutter to stay at home, keeping the home fires burning, literally. And when I run low on wood, go and get it himself. Eligible woodcutters feel free to apply within...
so now I must go stoke the fire myself for now....brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
3 comments:
Glad there's someone else out there who have their windows open in Jan. Some people think I am crazy to sleep with my bedroom window open all winter but I just love it!
~T~
I knew you'd finally get hit with some cold!! Ha-ha!!
Enh, don't let it get to you, kid. You were made for this weather! ;)
oh, I know I can handle the weather, and after all, it doesn't last forever...sooner or later, the sun will come out for longer days and bring some warmth. For now it barely breaches the horizon for a few hours a day. I just have to get better at managing the wood stove and wearing warmer clothes, something I haven't done in a while (both). I used to live in Labrador, where we not only had frigid temperatures, the average snowfall was over 15 feet per year...much more than the 2-4 feet per year here...
Post a Comment