Thursday, August 17, 2006

OOH Baby It Hurts So Good

I contacted all of my student loan companies today (plural because I moved during my degrees and they changed the student loan program if you remember) and increased my payments...doubling or tripling them, which was both scary as hell, and uplifting to know I could actually afford to do it now, after all these years! It will still be a couple of years, but that is much better than the 10 years I had in front of me if I had stayed on the east coast.


So I realize now I cannot take a job in northern BC just yet, as I am too determined to get rid of this student loan debt sooner rather than later. It always seemed so impossible, but now I am finally in a position to really nail down the debt. I had only been doing that with one of my loans, but now I have increased all of them - yikes! breathe, breathe...


Debtfree is a possibility...

2 comments:

Mrs. Falkenberg said...

This past winter we finally paid off all our student loans. It was, without a doubt, one of the most stress-relieving days ever! The education is worth it, but those loans seem to go on forever!

Dreama said...

Don't I know it...I began my journey in 1995, and didn't graduate with my last degree until 2002 and have been paying for it ever since! I shall be quite excited to see my last payment!!!