First Annual Cardboard Boat Race



I saw the notice in the paper for this event, although did not happen to notice anything stating it was an event sponsored by the Latter Day Saints...I found that out when one of the "elders" who was all of 25 and dressed in a shirt and tie (at a boat race!!) came over to my car and I could see his nametag and who he represented...whatever...it was cute and the kids seemed to enjoy it. There was a prayer before it all began, though but thankfully I couldn't hear it. I was surprised that all of the boats actually floated quite well. Only one tipped over, and the rest made it, some more easily than others. The long canoe/boat shaped ones did much better than the squared ones, and some of the youth knew what they were doing and how to paddle, so had better results.
No comments:
Post a Comment