Thursday, August 31, 2006

Fizz, Pop, Squeal!

That's what my television sounded like yesterday before A. pulled the plug on it. Damn. That tv is friggin heavy to get repaired. Thankfully it is STILL UNDER WARRANTY! I bought it in 2001 and made the decision at the time to purchase the extended warranty...GREAT! I have already had it in for repairs once that cost about $270 so I have already made the warranty well worth it. And my warranty doesn't run out until NEXT December. All I need to do now though it find a repair shop, and get an estimate to fax to Future Shop. They will decide then whether or not it's feasible to repair or they will either refund me my money, or send me a new television. GREAT! So for now, we shall have to settle for the 14 inch from my bedroom...I have to unhook all that shit first though and move it all around...arrrrggghhhh...


Last night I decided I wasn't interested enough in sattelite to bother, so just watched Will and Grace on my laptop instead, and laughed my head off.

So the guy on the phone for Future Shop customer service was telling me about a fella from Inuvik who purchased an in-home extended warranty which means they will come and pick up your electronics so you don't have to lug them around for repair...handy when you buy one of those big ass screen televisions that take 4 people to move...however once Future Shop discovered where this fella was, they gave him his money back instead considering the nearest Future Shop is in Edmonton, a few THOUSAND kilometres away...apparently they shouldn't have sold him the in-home warranty...duh.

No comments: