Yukon Life
A random snapshot of life in the Yukon...
- It is August and I had to scrape my windshield already...beads of ice on my windshield and back window this morning
- I saw several intoxicated people in the last 24 hours...one was riding a bike in the bike lane, going in the opposite direction...she stumbled and nearly fell into traffic; then there was the couple that I saw in the grocery store...the supervisor was politely telling them that she thought they were too drunk to serve, and asked that they come back another time...saw a bunch of the usuals down by the river as well...interesting location for the liquor store, directly across from the riverfront...as they fish body number four out of the Yukon River this week...haven't heard whyfor this time...
- from frost to summer...it was 19C this afternoon when I got home from work
- along with the corn plants A. brought home to me, were some tag-a-long centipedes...infested...hence the recent nip McGee received when curiously sniffing one this week...so they have been turfed outside...thankfully she didn't spend much on them, as they were discounted
- the camper situation has not yet thinned out...they are everywhere, like ants
- 'tis a long weekend this week, YAHOO! Discovery Day in the Yukon...and I am stuck here...A. has to work after all, so I will hang about the house...perhaps get a project or two accomplished...
- the nights are dark at last...here it is 11:30pm and the stars are out...summer is over...sigh
2 comments:
Ahhh...the "real" Yukon shows its face. I am so tired of drunks staggering around town.
I am more tired of the campers...at least I know they will go away though. ADS seems to have a revolving door...
Post a Comment