Monday, August 07, 2006

Downtown Skagway




A. is posing in front of the snow plow, while I am hanging off of some guy who came to Skagway on his way to the gold rush...and then you have the Red Onion Saloon I mentioned earlier.

2 comments:

Mrs. Falkenberg said...

You must have hit a day with no cruise ships in! I haven't seen the place so empty in ages. Whenever we go, we just hit the grocery store for fun, "Foreign" candy and drinks! I've never had a bad time with the border crossing, but I have two kids who can scream on demand, so that might help them decide to just wave us on...

Dreama said...

There were two cruise ships in at the time, and most places were pretty busy, but the streets were not packed like I thought once I saw the two ships...who knows. It was also raining so perhaps they were doing other things than walking in the rain.

I found from talking to my friends around here that we were the exception in even being somewhat honest...most say they didn't buy anything, have thrown away all receipts and wear any clothes they buy...our problem was we were too honest...heh heh