Saturday, April 29, 2006

What A GD Ordeal...

Well, in preparation for my daughter coming to live with me on Wednesday next week, I am making a big fucking mess shifting things around so accomodate her, and in the process, I am liking the changes and adding a few more. Today's challenge was to move the modem and wireless router upstairs to where she will network in with her desktop, which she is bringing. It doesn't matter to me where that stuff is anyhow as I use my wireless laptop. So now she will be able to be on her own computer, high speed and do what she pleases, and I maintain sole use of mine, heh heh. Just the way we both like it, I reckon.

And in moving things around, I moved my comfy chair from the sitting area to my bedroom area, and put the little tv on my trunk. I had the tv up here since I moved in, on my dresser, and hooked up to nothing. Then when I got sick, I moved it over onto a little foldup table next to my bed. Now with the kid coming, I need to be able to get around to both sides of the closet (which is next to the little foldup table). And I always wanted sattelite but couldn't be bothered trying to figure out how to run the cable through the walls, or whatever, so it wouldn't be draped all over. Instead, I moved the tv to just above my downstairs one, making it a very short route for the cable from the sattelite to my upstairs tv. blah, blah, blah...ok, so sounds simple, right?


I sweat more doing that than if I had taken my bicicyle out of retirement. Not a lot of physical exertions though, more frustration at not having enough room, and too damn many cables!!! So there I am, crawling around the floor reaching through book shelves to get at all the cables and cords I had tucked and shoved everywhere, and Stormy aka little bastard is in my way each and every way he can be. So I chuck him into the bathroom and proceeded. Got the whole modem/router mess unplugged and onto the dining room table to untangle and dust off...let LB out of the bathroom and proceeded, crawling under the little table upstairs to set it all up again, and this time, taking the time to spool the cords and twist tie them up, lessening the tangles. LB is once again in my way, but the screech I let out of me deterred him for some time...wimp.


Then it was time to run the cable upstairs. Doing things alone can sometimes present a challenge. Anyone who has ever moved their cable about the house knows you just need someone to help pull the cord up through. Damn cat isn't smart enough for that...only enough to get in my damn way, so into the bathroom he went again. I have this HUGE fern I call Sideshow Bob upstairs now that my friend/coworker gave me to kill. So I was crawling under that to grab the little end of the cable I had managed to poke through the railing...eventually I got it and worked it across the railing to where it was to end up, and connected it to the tv. Nearly cleared what was on the tv stand, the aquarium and some pictures from the wall...nearly.


Oh, and did I mention that in order to get to the cables I needed for the whole operation, I had to clear out my storage room to get at the hatch in the floor. What an effing mess. However I was able to sort through it, finding yet another bag of recycling...how I miss these things I don't know. It was one of those huge recycling bags half full, you know, the lawn size bags, like those big orange ones. So now I have two half full bags.


However, it is now finished, everything in its place and functioning just peachy keen, ready for the child and I. I still have some cleaning to do, but the all of the reshuffling has finished. I even cleared out half of my closet...


And now I am off to outside the house to see what parts of the remaining moving boxes I can cut up for the fire, before hauling the rest to the dump. Again, thanks so much Matco for the stellar job in abandoning my boxes outside my doorstep to rot. I stopped calling/emailing you after about 10 attempts.

No comments: