Saturday, April 22, 2006

Swan Watching




I was out visiting my friend R. today and we took a short hike to Swan Haven. It was quite chilly, and we didn't see anything very close up. There were about 1000 swans there today though. We had a snack from the Girl Guide snack wagon, and went back to her house for a visit, lovely turkey supper and saw better views of the swans from her dining room window! There was a small group of them not far from her house and as they flew in, they circled the area, swooping close to the house, so we could see them fairly close up. My what big birds they are!!! Then on my drive home, I stopped off and took the closer up photos above. There were just a handful of them in this little pool of open water, but I got pretty close before they spooked and began to swim off. I wish I had a better camera with a telephoto lens. I thought mine had more zoom than it did, but I couldn't figure it out, so gave up...in any event, they were quite a site to behold...gracious birds! Click on the photos for a closer look...

No comments: