Needful Things


Anyone who knows me, knows that I am a big Stephen King fan, and with the exception of his Dark Tower Series, I've read pretty well every book he wrote thus far. One of those books was called Needful Things, and there was a movie put out later, based on the book. Imagine my suprise when I arrived in Whitehorse to find a little pawn shop by the same name...and in the bottom right corner of the window there is a copy of Stephen King's book...interesting....let the mudfights begin, and take your sheets off the lines!!!
I went in and it's just an average pawn shop, cleaner than most I've been in, and I even bought a movie there, an old VHS version of Agnes of God, with Jane Fonda, Anne Bancroft and Meg Tilly.
2 comments:
next time you come down to Vancouver, you should catch the Ferry to Gibson's BC where they filmed 'Needful Things.'
The restaurant in the film is also popularly known in Canada as 'Molly's Reach' from The Beachcombers!
Yes, I know about Gibsons, a friend of mine from university (her husband was doing Optometry) is from Gibsons and her father had a small bit part in the film, as a guy in a boat. They moved back to Gibsons after her husband graduated and he has started up his optometry practice there. If I get to Vancouver, I was intending on visiting them there, as we were good friends when they lived in Waterloo.
Post a Comment