Do Well Or Drown
Ok, the months of sloth are over...I am determined to sign up for a course with Tatshenshini
Expediting LTD and my friend R. and I have decided to sign up for the Introduction to Canoeing: Moving Water— Level I in mid May. I've never really taken any kind of course, although I did learn basic canoeing in Girl Guides/Pathfinders. And of course, bought my own kayak last summer so I could learn to drown on my own. I grew up around canoes though, and my dad had a beautiful wooden canoe he had built in northern Ontario when I was just little. I still remember going to pick it up the day it was ready. All those brand new canoes and the smell of fresh wood. My father and I went canoeing often, every summer and I loved it! Now I am anxious to get my kayak out there in the local lakes this summer...the water looks to be somewhat chillier than Nova Scotia lakes I've been on, but can't possibly be colder than the ocean in Newfoundland where I was last summer as well...can it? We shall see...
I am still disappointed in myself for not getting out mushing this winter...now I have to stay another winter just so I can get to do that, lol.
the kayak in the photo is mine...taken at Cinq Cerf Barasway in Newfoundland last summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment