Wednesday, December 28, 2005

My Neighborhood

So I finally took a drive around my neighborhood. I drove to the Takhini Hot Springs, but didn't go in, although the steam rising from the pool did look inviting. The hot springs are about 4 kms from my house so very close by. Another visit was to Bean North Coffee Roasting which is on the way to the hot springs. Nice little coffee house, and they roast the Fair Trade beans right on sight. It was quiet there now, but he said it was quite busy before Christmas. Comfy couches, a wood stove, gazebo, etc. makes for a great hang out...if only I drank coffee...The pic above was taken on the drive to the hot springs. The white is indeed mountains, not clouds.



This pic to the left is of the mountains I passed on a small side road near the hot springs.











This pic was taken from the end of my road. My driveway is just up this road on the right. As soon as I leave my driveway, I can see the mountains. Only I don't see these on the way to work because it is DARK. Once the days become longer, I shall have a magnificent drive into work, surrounded by majestic mountain ranges.

No comments: