The Hovel

Well, I finally have my own office up here. I've been in for a few weeks, but just got around to gettting a pic earlier this week. I still have to get a bookcase and stick at the back for my books in the box on the floor, but otherwise am set up. I want to get a floor lamp as well to take away the darkness. I have a window in my office, but it isn't an outdoor one, however it looks through the office across the hallway and I can see the mountains and sunsets just fine! We can also see that little bastard, the parking guy who hands out tickets. I haven't gotten one yet, but everyone else has at some point. We don't have local parking here (not free anyhow) so I often park my car at the end of the street where it isn't timed. It is a few minutes more to walk, but who cares at $25 a pop...
On the right hand side wall, you can't really see them, are my maps. Anyone who knows me knows about my maps. I have one of Canada and one of the world, with pushpins marking on the world map where I have lived and where I have travelled. One of my co-workers thinks we should get color coding and add everyone in my unit who wants to be on there as many of us are well travelled.
Strangely enough, I have the smallest office in the suite, but many people from the "other side" come and and tell me I have the coolest office. Not sure what that's about, but I'll take it!
I spend more time in the office than I am used to, so that's different. It is only because we don't have to drive very far to see clients, where in Cape Breton I was often on the road for hours on end. So I intend on making it as homey and cosy as I can. I have only begun stocking up the food drawer for lunches and snacking...
No comments:
Post a Comment