Yukon Under The Stars
I went for a walk tonight under the moonlit sky of this frosty night. The snow crunched underfoot as the temperature dropped to about -10C. The nearly full moon made the snow glow brilliantly in the dark. It was breathtaking. The forest was tall, the air was still, and the only sound I can hear is the wheezing of my asthmatic breath...
I think I need to get out more. And this is definitely the environment for it. The mountains surround me, the forests are thick and stately, albeit scrawnily built, and wilderness abounds. I see tracks of coyotes, rabbits, and birds. Oddly enough, not a squirrel in sight. In fact, I haven't seen ANY roadkill up here. Perhaps they are all hibernating, or maybe hiding in the woods to scare me on my next walk.
No need to wait until spring to enjoy the great outdoors. I think I shall treat myself to a ski rental over Christmas and check out some of the local trails. Then perhaps I will hear more than my asthmatic wheeze...
No comments:
Post a Comment