She's Warming Up!
Well, the temperature is nearing zero, which is great. We have had a frosty spell, but not nearly as cold as Old Crow, the northernmost town in the Yukon - they saw -54C this week...YIKES! And their fuel prices are astronomical. They pay upwards of $3.00/litre for gas...yeah, glad I didn't move THERE. I threw a small hissy fit at Tim Hortons Yesterday when they charged me $2.55 for a medium cappachino and a biscuit...in the REST OF CANADA it's only $1.85. Her lame excuse was that it costs more to ship things in and I'm thinking, for crying out loud, Tim Hortons has millions hooked on their coffee, so I am sure they are making a fortune, you would think they could offer a break in the north. So they don't make a fortune here...would it kill them? So I emailed them. Who knows if anyone will bother to respond. I'm not going to hold my breath on that one.
so my point is, while it can be very chilly here, it costs more to heat up with your Tim Hortons. Dammit.
3 comments:
WEll, I'm proud to be one Canadian NOT hooked on Tim Horton's coffee.
Although I'd drink it if I had a honey dip donut in front of me...
I'm glad I am not hooked either as it would really tick me off to pay so much more for it on a regular basis. I may buy one or two cappuchinos a week, if that.
heard back from missy at Tim's again...they say that their costs are justified because of labour shortages and labour costs. Hmmm...weird. She also noted that three other food chains are even higher by percentage than Tims up here compared to BC...but yet they are they same as Nova Scotia. Does that mean that BC is underpriced?
Anyways, I will continue to support Tims I reckon as I loves me cappuchino...
Post a Comment