Saturday, December 24, 2005

Merry Christmas Everyone


This is the sunrise this morning at about 11:25am(this is what I see out my living room windows). I'll get just a few hours and then it will be gone again. The skies are blue with a few clouds and the temperature is about -4C which is real nice. The plan for today is to do some laundry, and keep that damn woodstove going (it is burning now) to dry the clothes. I may scoot over to my neighbors/landlady and put some in the dryer later tonight and jump in the jacuzzi for a dip while they dry, taking along a good book to read while soaking in the warm bubbles of the jets. She offered both to me for looking after her house and what a greater time to do it than tonight.


I usually have a few traditions on Christmas Eve, although this year it will be different without Amber here as they usually involve her. We always read The Little Match Girl by Hans Christian Anderson, Amber opens a gift from her grandmother (it is usually an ornament for the tree) and then after Amber heads to bed, I fill the stockings. Sometimes we haul out old pictures and look at them, I have a few Christmas scrapbooks too. My favorite is to find a good Christmas movie and watch it with Amber as well. I have a few Little House on the Prairie Christmas episodes too that always bring tears to your eyes with the dripping sappiness of it all.

Oh, and there will probably be alcohol involved tonight...

No comments: