Tis the Season
for filling one's face. You know, I am even beginning to get sick of chocolate...who'da thunk it? I received some chocolate from my daughter, and of course work has been rotten with it for weeks, and then today at my supervisor's house, for Christmas dinner, there were boxes of it everywhere!!! Of course, I ate a bunch...and also had chocolate ice cream cake she made for dessert. The turkey was fabulous, for sure. No sweet potatoes, but that is just fine because I am cooking my turkey dinner tomorrow, complete with sweet potatoes! I'm also having glazed corn. I sure overate this afternoon though...then we got to the gaming part of the night...the "chinese auction" I was mentioning earlier, perhaps on my other blog. I brought a small personal fireproof safe as my contribution, which turned out to be a popular item and was stolen many times, and finally won by someone who truly wanted it. I nearly had my hands on a George Foreman grill, a small one, but it got stolen and I did manage to score a Trivial Puruit, 90's Edition though, which I had also wanted. I had been wanting to begin a game night here this winter and think I'll get some takers, now I have yet another cool game. My supervisor bought Cranium, so we can play that, and I bought CSI earlier this year...now we have the 90's Trivial Pursuit...way cool.
Other prizes at the game were beer mugs, barbecue tools, a sushi making kit with a salmon, a 3 in 1 glass game set (chess, backgammon, checkers), a bottle of some fancy brand of Irish Cream, and some gift kits and so on.
I supervised a visit today with a toddler, older sibling and mom. Yeah, it did a number on any maternal urges I had been having again (to have more children). Yup, I made the right decision. I do not want more children. I am too old for this shit. I was just as happy to drop those little tykes off again after the visit. Nice kids, I just don't like the noise as much anymore....arrrrrrggghhhhh and it was mostly the toys that made the noise.
Then I landed at my supervisor's house where she has two American Eskimo dogs who barked so much I thought my eardrums were bleeding. so very sharp. They finally settled down during the last hour or so, but again, took care of any urges I had to get a dog...
I finally had to leave when I realized supper was about to be processed in the old tummy, and who knew which way the wind would blow...and I was sitting on leather. can't even sneak one out on that stuff. So realized it was time to head home and now am cozied up with the kitties, and still trying to stoke the damn fire again...
1 comment:
well, and there are two pregnant ladies at work, and another who just had one and had her little one in the other day. But I am over it now.
Post a Comment