Saturday, December 10, 2005

Wood for the Winter

Ordered up some wood yesterday and my friends from work have graciously offered to pack it with me this evening at the housewarming party. I ordered just a cord, that's all I could afford at $170!!! However, I can always order more if getting low, after Christmas when financial situation is better. They are to call today and let me know what time this afternoon they shall arrive. I'm hoping to pack a great deal of it on the back step so I won't have to go far to get it, and cover it with a tarp. Then pack the rest just in the trees next to the house. Honestly, I have no idea how much wood is in a cord, as in what it will look like. Sure, we burned wood when I was married, but it was what we cut ourselves and either dragged behind the snowmobile home, or left on the brook and picked up in the spring, carrying it home in the head of the boat.


So now I have to get my little house ready for the party tonight...needs to sparkle! And those damn boxes are STILL out there. STUPID MATCO MOVERS!!! I called them 4 times to come and get them, what losers! MATCO sucks. Now I have about 45 boxes littering my doorstep. I can't even flatten them because they are all stuffed with packing paper. Thanks guys. I moved in two weeks ago and you can't find time to pick up my boxes.


There shall be children here tonight as well, which will be interesting. I've only met one of the children of my co-workers, so nice to meet some more. I hope they're not bored, but there will be a few of them, so hopefully they will keep each other company. They're young and I do have some toys and games to keep them busy too. If it wasn't so dark out at night, they could play out in the woods, as I know that would be fun...however, it's pitch black by then and I don't know what's out there in the woods with regard to holes, ravines, etc!

No comments: