Winter Solstice

Alright, this is our longest night. I went to a Solstice concert tonight called Longest Night which was a little different. The music was a fairly odd assortment of instrumentation...banjo, cello, french horn, trumpet, electric guitar, piano, and more. Not your usual mix, but it sounded pretty good. The french band that played was quite good, and had a great beat.
So it's the longest night. Thank GAWD that is soon over. It only goes up from here, and by March it will be just wonderful.
The gals I went to the concert tonight with, well one of them has celebrated Solstice for years, and often with a groovy ritual - write down all the negative things in your life and things you wish to cleanse yourself of on a piece of paper and then burn it. Now, don't burn down your house while you're at it...so I thought that would be a good idea...I just don't want to get writer's cramp....
sure is dark in here...wish the aurora borealis would come out and play...
No comments:
Post a Comment