Monday, December 19, 2005

Got Me Some Cake


It's my birthday today. I received 7 birthday wishes from friends via e-mail(thanks K, A, A, M, E, G, and S) and two voicemail messages(thanks K and K) by the time I got home from work today. And no one at my new office remembered it. I wasn't going to say anything, and then when I was leaving, I just dropped a comment about birthday email messages and the light came on - they remembered. I felt bad then, I didn't want them to feel bad about forgetting, but then T. said he was impressed...no one on the intake team had ever been able to get through the day without someone finding out it was their birthday. Then they got mad because I didn't tell them and they would have given me the birthday hat to wear (it is pink satin with white fun fur on it...) OH really? So I just told them not to worry, and chuckled at the thought of having slipped it by them all day. T. is quite competetive too, which is funny, and he doesn't like to be outwitted but will admire someone who does, heh heh. It's funny when someone's personality comes out right off. I'm still trying to figure out some of the others, though all are very pleasant and fun to work with.


So I stopped off at Superstore and bought some cake. I wanted to get just a slice, but there wasn't a bakery counter, just bakery products on shelves, and the smallest portions were two slices, but only in a cheesecake I wasn't too fussy on (no chocolate!) so I HAD to buy 4 pieces of Turtle cheesecake. I am waiting for a little bit and then the cake is getting it!


I got a parcel from my daughter today! She had told me the post office told her it wouldn't get here until Thursday as she forgot to mail it until Friday, and that while Thursday was in time for Christmas, she had also stuck my birthday card in there because she forgot to mail it on time. But it came today! Funny card...I'll tattoo ya... It was the only card I got on my birthday. Thanks kiddo.


I am in my fortieth year now...I sure hope it is spectacular!

3 comments:

Dreama said...

yeah, no kidding...that would be more my friend G's style...purple pheasant feathers I do believe, eh G?

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Old Timer!! Hope you enjoyed the cake!

Dreama said...

who you calling old timer...we share the same decade yet old man...and the cake was lovely....yummmy