The Office
and no, this is not the set of that crazy television show. Two of the shots are of my own office, and two are of the main reception area. People just drop by all day long...some to see me, some just to drop by and get free coffee. Some don't even speak, they just come in, wander about and leave again. Those folks usually either don't know me, are looking for my boss, are drunk, or have mental health issues...or all of the above.
In any event, my office is cozy enough, but not at all sound proof. There's talk of us moving to a different building, but I'll likely be gone before that happens. I hear the guys in the bathroom, talking whilst they pee together I reckon. Those who have been in my various offices will recognize a few standards...the map of the world, my beenies on the monitor(I do not collect them...they just appear...and then disappear...or go on vacation...but that is a story for another day), the crafty sign my daughter made and is morbidly embarrassed that I still have, my degrees of debt...the usual...and that is an air conditioner in one of the windows in my office...I am seriously hoping it gets warm enough to use it here, particularly after the Yukon weather was such a let down last summer. There is another in the reception area, and all throughout the building, so it must really get hot I reckon.





No comments:
Post a Comment