Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy 2007

all I can say is thank gawd 2006 is over...and hope that 2007 holds nothing but adventure and happiness. And debt relief for my declining student loans.


I make no resolutions, as I break them anyhow. I didn't go to the local dance at the community hall tonight. I was happy enough to be at home, chatting on the phone with my friend S. from Waterloo, as the New Year came in. I was standing in the screen door of my trailer, listening to and watching the fireworks across the back field. There were horns honking everywhere, and plenty of gunfire. There is still constant gunfire, firecrackers, and fireworks going off...so I have Foreigner in Niagara Falls on the tube...interesting mix. I wonder how long these folks will keep it up. The new year came in nearly an hour ago and they are still at it. Partying is one thing, but you usually don't see the fireworks and gunshot last this long. All I know is I shall be remaining inside...I have no desire to be out amongst an armed crowd of drunken revellers...


and because I'm all hopped up on sugar from the chocolate, fudge, and ginger ale...I think I'll pick out a movie and settle in on the sofa (not the usual loveseat because I spilled milk there earlier and the carpet is still wet) with the kitties. They are still a little unsettled with the banging and popping sounds.


Happy New Year all, and may this be a good year for us all.

No comments: