- went to Hay River yesterday for a massage and shopping. Now I feel like someone beat the hell out of me. She was really good though...didn't hurt me too much at the time, but really worked the muscles. I hurt today because I was too lazy to take a bath in epsom salts when I got home. Not only lazy, but the tub is one of those small tub insert ones, so pretty cramped. My ideal bath would be in a whirlpool tub, or at the very least, a clawfoot iron tub, the really deep ones.
- I have unpacked the last box at my office. Yayy!! I finally have enough components in there to store everything. You see, my desk has no drawers, it's not much more than a table, so on Thursday that was rectified and I could actually unpack my stuff. I'm sure I'll get a photo someday to post...mebbe next week.
- was driving home from work for lunch on Thursday and managed to spot Matco Movers at the school, likely loading the photocopier I heard them talking about that wasn't working. So I hauled into the parking lot and nailed them to come and pick up my boxes. AND THEY DID. So now I can get into the shed again...not that I need to but the boxes had to go sometime and he was willing to take them so OFF they went. I have a couple of smaller ones still in the house, just in case I need to send something off or pack something away.
- I brought back the answering machine that didn't work (four days after I bought it) and when they asked why it was returned, I told them it made a screeching noise, so that is what they typed into the computer...skreeching...wtf...please get a dictionary dear.
- I finally found the filters for the tap water conditioner...only to discover that I didn't read the box properly and bought another tap water conditioner, complete with two filters...duh. So now I have two, but I couldn't be bothered taking it back to HR, and needed a new filter now. The old one was very yellowish brown...ick. I'll just send the new one home to NL to put on the tap there I reckon.
- it is still cold here...been -20C to -25C all week. Brrr. I am beginning to get sick of winter as we move towards the end of the fourth month...yes, we received snow in early October and the temp has not gone up much since. I haven't seen rain since September I think. Sad news is...spring doesn't come for another 4 months or more yet...ugh. I know, I chose this...
- I spoke to all of my student loan peeps and now have my loan payments up high again, nearly a whole paycheque worth...it hurts so goooooood...I just want to see the last of them!!! And for my friends who know how much I made on the east coast...one of my paycheques here is almost exactly twice what I took home back east. Nice.
- American Idol was THE show to watch this week as they exploited geeks mercilessly. I howled when I watched...it was THAT funny. Keep in mind, this is a reality show, meant to entertain and the contestants know this before going on. And Simon wasn't his asshole self for some of the more tender geeks....for a change.
No comments:
Post a Comment