Howling Curfew
I had heard there was a curfew for youth here under 18, but also that it isn't very strictly enforced. There is a special act for it in the NWT, called The Curfew Act (big surprise.) They even have a siren here. I had heard this siren at lunchtime, and often feel like I am in the quarry with Fred Flinstone...however, I have not heard the evening one, probably because I have the tv up too loud (music, typically).
Until tonight. I heard the siren very distinctly during a quiet tv moment, and then the dogs started in...I may have mentioned before the hundred or so dogs here...seems everyone has one, or two, or ten...and when they howl together, it is quite remarkable. I hear them from time to time, when one gets started, the others join in...but tonight, to have it follow the siren was just plain funny.
I remember sitting with my daughter on our bridge (deck) stairwell and singing to our dog, who would howl along with us. That was also just plain funny. No, Mel, I do not want another dog. (I just know your mind was going there...)

1 comment:
oh, it's goin' there.
i know.
m
Post a Comment