Wednesday, January 10, 2007

My New Ride

I can't even believe I got behind the wheel, but my new ride is a Ford minivan...ugh. Before you all gasp, I didn't sell my Toyota, but I was finally given the keys to the government vehicle, which happens to be a Ford minivan. So now I have two vehicles to look after again...sigh. I could just park it and not use it, but why not just use it, and park mine. I've been using mine to drive to work, and to clients homes. And now I have a client I'll be providing supportive counselling to while we drive, so she can have a little privacy. Around here, everyone is related and when you want to talk in confidence, and your sister/brother/grandmother is down the hall, well, its trickier to get that privacy. So we'll be taking a drive in the Ford van. And now when I go anywhere, I just leave my car running, as the short hops aren't good on the engine, and are never long enough to really warm up the car each time. (I know, bad for the environment...get over it, it's fucking cold)


Anyhow...it's damn cold up here this week, was -36C this morning. So now I have to plug two cars in. I have one cord. Hmm....so I went to the local North Mart...no cords...sold the last one today. Dammit! So I come home and try to plug at least one of them in, and the cord has ice in the prong holes...gotta thaw that out. I think I'll have to rotate for now...plug the van in at night and my car in during the day, so if I want to use my car after work, it's thawed...


I still can't believe I have to drive a Ford.


FORD
Fast Only Rolling Downhill
FORD
Fix Or Repair Daily
FORD
Found On Road Dead
FORD
Fatally Obese Redneck Driver

No comments: